Is College The Best Option?
Is
college the best option for everyone? It certainly has its benefits
and personally I feel strongly in favor of college. Recently there is
more reason than ever to go to college. Not just the potential to
earn a more substantial income but with current government programs
it is practically free to earn a associates degree. However even with
all this help some people just feel trapped and unable to go to
college because they have immediate needs that require immediate
income just to survive. They find themselves filling in all types of
minimum wage jobs so they can pay their rent and eat month to month.
The income they are making barely pays them enough to get by and when
I did it I felt that I worked so I made enough money to afford to go
to work. That's not the way any of us should live. My advice to them
is to not give up and that if they try hard enough they will find a
way to squeeze in a practically free college education. It won't be
easy, I know well enough myself that a full time job, being a parent
and trying to take classes full time is hard but I also know its
possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment